Askew Realty Official Contest Rules
Contest is for Campbell University Students Only
Askew Realty is looking for new branding that will express the value of providing world class customer service to our clients for all real estate needs. (Selling, Buying, Investing, Property Management, Etc…) Askew Realty is a full service brokerage. The branding should be original, tasteful, memorable, and catch the attention of potential clients, associates, and business partners.
Askew Realty is looking for any and all Campbell University students to help creating a Logo, and/or Brand Mantra, and/or a Tag Line. You can submit an entry per category for any or all categories.
Example: 1 Logo submission, 1 Brand Mantra submission, 1 Tag Line/Hook for a total of 3 different entry or entries.
|Askew (Name)||First part of company name pronounced (Ask You)|
|Askew (Word)||Pronounced (A Skew) Adverb/Adjective : Defined : Out of Line : At an Angle.|
|Category||Topic for each Entry. (Logo, Brand Mantra, Tag Line Hook)|
|Entry/ies||The item or material created specifically for each category of this contest.|
|Design/s||Any of the entrant’s creation for any or all of the categories.|
|Entrant||Person or group submitting an entry/entries for this contest.|
NOTE: Be careful if using the word Askew in the branding. Are you using the name (Ask You) or the adverb/adjective (A Skew) and if so how are you using either version?
- The contest is open to any and all currently enrolled Campbell University students, regardless of course selection or major.
- Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with Askew Realty.
How to Enter:
- Entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Category entries must be submitted in one of the file formats according to the “Submission Guidelines”. See below.
NOTE: Entrant’s email must include (category/categories, entrant’s name, age, major, mailing address, phone number, and email address, and a brief 2 or 3 sentence statement about your design or why you choose this design.)
- Category entry: Logo and Tag Line (Hook)
- Name: Jill Smith
- Age: 19
- Major: Communications
123 Winning Dr.
Anytown, St. 12345
- Phone: (919) 555 1212
- Email Address: JSmith@email.com
- My design was created to show “This” about Askew Realty real estate marketing. The client will be captured because of “This”. The wordplay on my design is to hook the clients with “This”.
- Attachments (Don’t forget these!)
- Only (1) entry per category per entrant not to exceed (3).
- All entries must meet the requirements of the “Submission Guidelines” section below.
- Submission deadline is Wednesday December 4th, 5:00 PM EST.
- It is free to participate and submit no more then (1) entry per category for a total of (3) entries.
- Winner will be selected and announced during a Marketing club event on Friday, December 6th, time and location: TBD.
- Entrant does not need to be present on the 6th to win, but it is encouraged.
This contest is for any and all currently enrolled Campbell University students. Students will compete to create any (1) or all (3) of the following categories for Askew Realty, Logo, Brand Mantra, and/or Tag Line/Hook. The winning entries will be used in all forms of marketing for Askew Realty to include but not be limited to Vehicle Wraps, Signage, Email tags, Social Media advertising, Hard copy flyers and pamphlets, Clothing and Apparel, General swag, so flexibility of the designs is a requirement.
- Design Flexibility
- Easily modified for color, size, and high quality printing. (Color creativity is encouraged so you can best tell your design story, but know that the color may need to change to fit the needs of Askew Realty.) Can your designs make a statement, be colorful, but also stand out as colorless words or a black and white image?
- Logo designs should be able to fit on the side of a moving van or be reduced to a favicon.
- These designs will become Service Marks for Askew Realty, ensure your designs are original and in no way, shape, form resemble existing or copyrighted images, slogans, or phases you have seen before.
- Designs must be submitted in any of the following formats: .jpeg .png .gif .tiff
NOTE: If your design is created via sketch, or non-electric mean, it must be scanned or rendered into one of the above formats and submitted.
- Minimum submission size should be a 3″ by 3″ or 12 pt font. If your design uses word, ensure the words are legible from a distance or when passing by at high speeds. Use word art creativity, but careful with graffiti as that will be difficult to read at speed or distance.
- Please avoid Political or Religious statement designs. Think of the entire audience trying to be captured.
- Limit attachment size per category to 10mb. 3 attachments of 10MB each is acceptable.
- Remember to submit each attachment per category you are entering for and a brief 2 or 3 sentence statement about your design or why you choose this design.
- Logo Design – $250
- Tag Line (Hook) – $150
- Brand Mantra – $100
- The right to showcase the design and identify yourself as the creator on a resume and/or portfolio.
- Askew Realty T-shirt featuring the new branding. (Once printed)
Judging and Selection of Winners:
- The winning designs will be selected by Brian Askew, President of Askew Solutions, Inc. and presented on Friday, December 6th. Time and location is TBD by Campbell University Marketing club presidents.
- Askew Solutions Inc. reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- Askew Solutions Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winners will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the designs to Askew Solutions Inc. and Askew Realty.
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for Askew Realty to make public and otherwise use winner’s name, and country of residence for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
- Submitted designs must be original. Do not base your design on any pre-existing designs.
- ALL Entries will become the sole property of Askew Realty and can be displayed on social media by Askew Realty or parent company Askew Solutions Inc.
- The winning entries will be registered by Askew Solutions Inc. as Service Marks. The Entrant agrees to transfer all rights and title of the designs to Askew Solutions Inc. and/or Askew Realty in accordance with the official rules of this contest.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and Askew Solutions Inc. in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and Askew Solutions Inc. and relating to the Contest.
No purchase necessary.
There will be only one prize winner for each category for this contest.
The prize winner is only entitled to the prize mentioned above, and must sign a release waiving any rights to further compensation prior to delivery of the prize to the winner. All other entries and entrants are not entitled to any compensation whatsoever.
Winners may accept only the prize as stated in contest rules. No other substitutions allowed. Failure to comply with this provision will result in forfeiture of the prize by the winner.
Askew Realty and Askew Solutions Inc. reserves the right to use any entries as it deems fit.
Askew Realty owners reserves the right to make the final selection of the winning design at its complete discretion. The decision of Askew Realty is final and not subject to review or appeal.
In order to claim the prize, the winning entrant must sign a release form. By claiming the prize and signing the release form, the winner releases Askew Solutions Inc., its officers and directors, from any and all claims, liabilities, and damages arising directly or indirectly out of the award and use of the prize.
Prizes not claimed by May 6th, 2020 by 5:00 PM EDT are forfeited and become the sole property of Askew Solutions Inc.